28 Nov 2007
Tata Steel Ltd has informed about the following:
- Tata Steel Group has announced a new organization structure effective from January 01, 2008 as follows:
Tata Steel Group comprises of two entities, namely, Tata Steel (including Tata Steel Thailand and NatSteel Asia) and Corus Group Ltd. In order to realise this ambition, a new organisation is announced on November 28, 2007, which is effective from January 01, 2008.
* The Chairman of Tata Steel, Mr. Ratan Tata will continue to chair the Strategy and
Integration Committee. Mr. Jim Leng, Mr. B Muthuraman, Mr. Philippe Varin, Dr. Tridibesh Mukherjee, Mr. Rauke Henstra, Mr. Hemant Nerurkar, Mr. Koushik Chatterjee and Mr. Jean-Sebastien Jacques are members of this Committee.
* A Group Centre is created for functions that are to be performed with a common approach across the Tata Steel Group. These functions are Technology & Integration, Finance, Strategy, Corporate Relations & Communications and Global Minerals. The executives responsible for these functions will report to the MD of Tata Steel and the CEO of Corus:
- Dr. Tridibesh Mukherjee is appointed as Group Director, Technology & Integration
- Mr. Koushik Chatterjee is appointed as Group Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Jean-Sebastien Jacques is appointed as Group Director, Strategy
- Mr. Manzer Hussain is appointed as Group Director, Communications
- Mr. Arun D Baijal is appointed as Group Director Global Minerals
* Both Tata Steel and Corus entities will have Executive Committees chaired by the MD, Mr. B Muthuraman and the CEO, Mr. Philippe Varin respectively.
* A Joint Executive Committee for Tata Steel Group will meet quarterly to review overall performance against the Group ambition. This committee will be co-chaired by the MD of Tata Steel and the CEO of Corus.
Source: BSE India